Click Here!

Home

Parents and Divorce

This site is about helping parents, doing it on your own, being single, divorced or married, raising kids is a challenging and rewarding experience to enjoy. Everything you need to know to survive parenthood, from potty training, breast feeding, bath time, bedtime routines, chemical free baby lotions, flying with baby, quality time with the family and pampering yourself mum, you deserve it. The A to Z Guide to Raising Happy, Confident Kids 

To all those single parents out there. I’m a single Mum, and would be interested to hear how other single parents handle these situation that come up with their X-partners.

My Ex-husband, her Dad wants to keep our daughters birthday presents at his house, I think this is mean and he‘s not thinking about our daughter at all. We live in different countries my X and I, so I always feel bad for my daughter when he want let her leave with her presents. I don’t mind if he keeps a few things, but I really hope he lets my daughter take her favourite gifts with her. As by the time we come back for another visit she will have out grown the clothes, and probably moved on to different interests.

We have come to an understanding now, he keeps any clothes and shoes that are to big for her till our next visit, and my daughter takes the clothes and shoes that fit her right now and her favourite toys with us.

I'm sure there are a lot of other Mum's out there with some similar situations I would like to hear about them. I can tell or suggest to my X one thing and he'll do the complete opposite or want listen to anything I say, hopefully it gets better with time. The Truth About Children and Divorce: Dealing with the Emotions So You and Your Children Can Thrive

Kids need routine, rules and guide lines, they are happier with routine and set schedules for meal times, naps and bath time. I try and keep my daughter in a routine, as kids do like having a set schedule, as I think its important especially at bedtime. My X says I’m to strict and it’s ok for her to go a few days without her normal routine. Of course that is when he has her, and I’m left with the melt down afterwards as she’s so tired and cranky by then and doesn’t no what to do with herself. I’m sure I’m not alone in this.


No comments:

Post a Comment